Where: UK: online, near you, everywhere
During the week, we will do our best to do fundraising and raise awareness but IF you would like to get involved, please email us
Here is a list of what is happening so far:
- Wear Red Day in conjuction with CHD-NI and Heartbeat NI
- A week of personal stories
- Phillip Bannister’s sons school is holding a non-uniform day on 10th February 2012 (follow Philip on Twitter @PSBannister)
- Emily Collacott has organised a Wear Red Day and Cake Bake at her work on 14th February 2012.
- Guess the weight of a cake (fee of £1.00 to guess the weight). The closest weight or spot on on the weight will win the cake. Cake donated by Nicola Shipley of Fairy Cakes and Faces.
- Louise Sanders has organised on the 23rd February, Katie’s due date, Louise Sanders has also organised a charity day. All proceeds are being split between CHD-UK and Little Heart Matters
- Sarah Matthew’s daughters school is doing a 1/2 non uniform day on Friday, 10th February.
- Coffee/Meet up of people affected by CHD at Starbucks, Cabots Circus, Bristol at 11pm on Friday, 10th February.
- Rich Church-Keen is waxing his legs to raise awareness, 8th February 2012 (6pm, Bentleys in Gloucester) follow Rich on Twitter @_Pyr8_ Waxing is being done by Katie at Ame Health and Beauty (follow Katie on Twitter @ame_beauty
- Sam Wellbelove’s daughter is holding a cake stall at her school on 27th January 2012.
- Val Monk is making a video to promote CHD Awareness Week (follow Val on Twitter @FunkyBodmin) – Video is below – there are LONG and SHORT Versions, please view and share.
- Saire promoting CHD Awareness by wirting on his blog about it; read it here: PurpleMarmiteYam’s Blog
- Helen Riley is going to use Twitter/Facebook (& possibly also LinkedIn) to give out a few facts about CHD to promote awareness. (follow Helen on Twitter @helsriley)
- Jackie Hill is going to be releasing blue and red balloons for CHD Angels via Virtual Balloon Race..
- Olivia Jane Burgess is going to post information about different types of CHD’s for 7 days.
- Michelle Hearst, Michelle’s sister and partner are all dying their hair pillar box red for the week for Children’s Heartbeat Trust, Northern Ireland (follow Michelle on Twitter @Michelle_2702).
- Friday, 10th February, Michelle is holding a heart shaped cake auction.
- Steph Richards will be wearing a red T-shirt (specially designed for the 10th Feb) University as well as handing out posters/flyers and leaflets.(follow Steph on Twitter @Steric2010).
- Steph Richards will also be sharing on Twitter and Facebook facts about CHDs.
Presenting Val Monk’s video (Long Version)
Presenting Val Monk’s video (Short Version)
- To raise awareness of CHD’s
- promote echocardiograms and pulse oximetry.
- Continuing to raise money to buy the multi-function patient monitor via ‘Wallace & Gromit The Grand Appeal Charity’ (Charity Registration No. 1043603) who will direct all the funds raised for the multi-function patient monitor to Bristol Children’s Hospital, Ward 32.
- If you would like any reasons, to be added, please email us and we will add them here ‘state Why in the email’. This is for you to help us, help you spread awareness of the number ONE birth defect.